Happy 4th Of July Reading
And it being the Fourth of July makes it particularly blessed. I love the Fourth because I love our founding fathers and the super-human but oh-so-human thing they did 231 years ago. I love flying the flag (which I put up between sentences), and I love celebrating Incredible Wife's birthday today to boot. (She really is a firecracker!)
And this Forth is particularly nice because I can relax with some of the best reading on the Web, the Watcher's Council's weekly pickin's.
This week I was torn between two humorous (to me, anyway) entries, Quote of the Day: Islamophobia Edition and Glasgow Attack! Ready For Leftyblogs! I submitted the former, but ...
Here's all the entries, Watcher's Council self-nominations, their nominations for non-Council best post, and a few self-posted entries. (If you blog, I encourage you to enter, following the rules for the offer of link whorage.)
- That Reason Should Rule
The Glittering Eye
- Spin City, Here We Come
- With Snark
Done With Mirrors
- Democrat Debate Thy Name Is "Irony"
The Colossus of Rhodey
- The Terror Under the Carpet
- Condescension As Bigotry
- Live Earth's Al Gore -- A Pompous Piece O'...
‘Okie’ on the Lam
- Quote of the Day: Islamophobia Edition
Cheat Seeking Missiles
- Libby Commutation
Rhymes With Right
- This I Believe
The Education Wonks
- Guess Where Your President Was Wednesday Morning... Insh'allah
- Cage Match: Assimilation vs. Multiculturalism
Right Wing Nut House
- Bless the Beasts and Children
- Understanding Current Operations in Iraq
Small Wars Journal
- Seven Things We Now Know About Today's Car Bombing Attempt
The Huffington Post
- The Liberal Obsession With Whiteness at the Expense of Instilling Academic Excellence In Black Communities
- The Parallel Universe of the New York Times' "Style" Section
Searching for Bright Light
- But Who Are They?
- My Valentine to Delta Airlines
- Doctors, Sadists, and the Beasts of Radical Islam
- Chertoff Scolds Senate on Immigration
- Guess Who Likes Earmarks?
- Not Forgetting the Basilisk
- Happy Independence Day -- Enjoy the Commute
- Hillary's AIDS Lie
Outside the Beltway
- Islamist Provocation... of Their Own...
Labels: Watcher's Council