Cheat-Seeking Missles

Monday, July 02, 2007

Scooter Walks

To Chuck Schumer, who had this to say about the President's pardon of Scooter Libby ...
"As Independence Day nears, we are reminded that one of the principles our forefathers fought for was equal justice under the law. This commutation completely tramples on that principle,"
... I have two words.

To Nancy Pelosi, who had this to say ...
"The President's commutation of Scooter Libby's prison sentence does not serve justice, condones criminal conduct, and is a betrayal of trust of the American people,"
... I have two words.

And most of all, to the lying, conniving Joe Wilson, who brought on this entire matter by his dishonest effort to undercut his boss, the president of the United States, who had this to say ...
"I have nothing to say to Scooter Libby," Wilson said. "I don't owe this administration. They owe my wife and my family an apology for having betrayed her. Scooter Libby is a traitor."
... I have two words.

Marc Rich.

Bush's pardon was principled, freeing a man who had been far too harshly sentenced, but leaving the probation and fine in effect because there is merit in respecting the jury system.

Clinton's pardon of Rich was utterly unprincipled, a thank you for political payola he had received from Rich's wife; money that was not hers to give; money that was scammed from others.

And, lest we forget one of the sweetest ironies in all this nation's political history, my two words are particularly tantalizing in this case because Rich's attorney for 15 years was ... Scooter Libby.

Labels: , ,