Cheat-Seeking Missles

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Islam And Infidels

Brigette Gabriel knows a thing or two about the attitude Islamists have towards those disgusting individuals who dare to have different beliefs:
The West has been wallowing in a state of ignorance and denial for thirty years as Muslim extremist perpetrated evil against innocent victims in the name of Allah.

I was ten years old when my home exploded around me, burying me under the rubble and leaving me to drink my blood to survive, as the perpetrators shouted “Allah Akbar!” My only crime was that I was a Christian living in a Christian town. At 10 years old, I learned the meaning of the word "infidel."

I had a crash course in survival. Not in the Girl Scouts, but in a bomb shelter where I lived for seven years in pitch darkness, freezing cold, drinking stale water and eating grass to live. At the age of 13 I dressed in my burial clothes going to bed at night, waiting to be slaughtered. By the age of 20, I had buried most of my friends--killed by Muslims. We were not Americans living in New York, or Britons in London. We were Arab Christians living in Lebanon.
The Front Page Mag excerpt of her speech to The Intelligence Summit in DC last month is a must-read. She doesn't give much credence to "moderate" Muslims and has no faith that they will reform the religion because its tradition of hate is too long, too intense and too celebrated.

There is no room for moderation, she says, because:
Their grievance is our freedom of religion. Their grievance is our freedom of speech. Their grievance is our democratic process where the rule of law comes from the voices of many not that of just one prophet. It is the respect we instill in our children towards all religions. It is the equality we grant each other as human beings sharing a planet and striving to make the world a better place for all humanity. Their grievance is the kindness and respect a man shows a woman, the justice we practice as equals under the law, and the mercy we grant our enemy.
"America’s learning curve since the Iran hostage crisis is so shallow that it is almost flat," she warns. "The longer we lay supine, the more difficult it will be to stand erect."

hat-tip: Dissecting Leftism
Related Tags: , , , , ,