Cheat-Seeking Missles

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Memed

I've been memed by Bookworm. Thankfully, she's a best blog buddy, so I'll forgive her her trespass. Here we go, starting with the rules of the game:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
5. Present an image of martial discord from whatever period or situation you’d like.
OK, and here are the seven facts about me:
  1. I was once almost shot in the head ... by a fireplace. A bullet in a burning log went off, and buried itself in the wall just a few inches from my head.

  2. My head was once almost run over by a truck. I was sliding on my stomach across a two-lane tunnel at the time, my motorcycle skidding merrily along behind me. The truck's rear wheels and my noggin missed each other by an inch or two.

  3. I was almost paralyzed by a water skiing accident. Water can be very hard if you hit it fast and wrong, and neck vertebrae can be cracked half-way through without paralyzing you.

  4. I was once in the rear seat of a small plane flying without a filed flight plan into La Guardia/NYC, while the pilot and his friend drank straight whiskey from a bottle. I drank a lot, too, figuring the more I drank, the less the pilot would be able to drink.

  5. When I was in kindergarten, I was almost smashed to pieces by a giant wave at Point Lobos near Carmel. My mother got a "bad feeling," raced down the rock and grabbed me and my brother out of the way just before the wave hit.

  6. In college, in the middle of the night, in the middle of a Southern Indiana nowhere, my car skidded on ice, slid across the road, and up on a guardrail. We got out and looked -- finding a deep ravine on the other side of the guardrail and a small part of the car's underside hung up on the guardrail's edge. We had seen no other cars on the road, but less than a minute later, a snow plow came by, pulled us off, and we went merrily on our way.

  7. I sometimes feel God is watching over me.
As to rules three and four, sorry -- I don't pass these things on.

Here's my picture of martial discord (at first I read it as "marital discord" -- boy am I relieved!)

Labels: