Cheat-Seeking Missles

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Tagged

Bookworm tagged me, as she periodically does, and this one looks like fun.

Players list 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, players then tags 8 people by posting their names and makes sure they know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at the tagee’s blog.
  1. I drink tea. This is a pretty big deal for me because I drank coffee for about 35 years, black, no sugar, just like my Dad did. As a submariner, he learned to drink his coffee that way because there wasn't enough room on board for extra sugar and milk. Around Christmas, Incredible Daughter #2 advised the switch and Incredible Daughter #1 joined me in the move. We now love the variety and subtlety of tastes (Moroccan Mint this morning because my stomach's a little ugh), and find coffee kind of brutish on the palate.
  2. I'm a dog guy. Can't stand cats.
  3. Even though I live just a dozen miles from the beach, I haven't been there in over ten years. I like the verse from Job, "I made a covenant with my eyes not to look with lust upon a girl," but I'm terrible at living it, so I just made the beach off limits.
  4. I sleep with four pillows. Two soft down ones under my head, a dense skinny one between my knees and a big, bumpy one I hug all night.
  5. I was the first American on the second floor of the swoopy Olympic swim stadium built for Tokyo's 1964 Olympics. My mom was the first American in the building, which was still under construction, but was afraid to go to the second floor.
  6. I spoke Turkish before I spoke English, but don't remember a word of it today. For years I thought "disembark" was the only Turkish word I remembered and was disappointed to learn it's English.
  7. I can't read at night ... it makes me sleepy.
  8. I love the smell of coastal sage brush. When I get back into my neighborhood at night, I roll down the windows to let the smell waft through my car. On springtime hikes, the fresh leaves and flowers brush against you and the smell is so strong by the time you get home that you could season soup with your clothes.
The rules say I'm supposed to tag eight people, but I'm not good at imposing my will on others, so I'm just going to tag a few who I don't think will mind ... and whose responses I'd love to read. (I'd tag Sake Lite, Palm Tree Pundit and Paragraph Farmer, but Book already did.)

Blogotional
Okie on the Lam
Holy Coast
Sue Bob's Diary