Cold On Warming
Not with these scientists, it's not. All were listed recently by Rep. Dana Rohrebacher as against the notion that we nasty humans are responsible for the big GW:
- Patrick Michaels. Research Professor of Environmental Sciences,
. Past President of the American Association of State Climatologists and former program Chair for the Committee on Applied Climatology for the American Meteorological Society. Contributing Author and Reviewer of U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Universityof Virginia
- Richard S. Lindzen. Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Atmospheric Science, MIT
- David Legates. Associate Professor of Climatology and Director of the Center for Climatic Research, University of
. Delaware Climatologist. Delaware State
- John Christy. Professor of Atmospheric Science and Director of the
Earth System Science Center, University of Alabama, in . Huntsville Climatologist. NASA Medal for Exceptional Scientific Achievement and American Meteorological Society Special Award. Fellow in the American Meteorological Society. Alabama State
- Willie Soon. Physicist,
for Astrophysics, and Astronomer, Mount Wilson Observatory. Harvard-Smithsonian Center
- Randall Cerveny. Associate Professor of Geography,
. Recipient of the Arizona State University AntarcticaService Medal and the British Cartographic Society Medal.
- Dr. Oliver W. Frauenfeld. Research Scientist at the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences Division of Cryospheric and Polar Processes,
. Contributing Author to the IPCC Working Group 1 Fourth Assessment Report. Universityof Colorado
- Roy Spencer. Principal Research Scientist,
Universityof Alabama . Former Senior Scientist for Climate Studies at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center. Recipient of NASA's Medal for Exceptional Scientific Achievement, American Meteorological Society's Special Award. Huntsville
- Sallie Baliunas. Astrophysicist,
for Astrophysics, former Deputy Director, Mount Wilson Observatory. Harvard-Smithsonian Center
- Robert Davis. Associate Professor of Climatology,
. Member of EPA Global Change Research Strategy, and the NOAA Data Management Advisory Panel. Contributed to the 1995 Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Past Chair of the American Metrological Society’s Committee on Biometeorology and Aermeteorology and past President of the Climatology Specialty Group of the Association of American Geographers. Universityof Virginia
- Robert Balling, Jr. Professor, Department of Geography and former Director of the Office of Climatology,
. Climate Consultant to the United Nations Environment Program, The World Climate Program, World Metrological Organization, UNESCO, and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Arizona State University
- Robert Carter. Professor, Marine Geophysical Laboratory,
. James Cook University, Australia
- William M. Grey. Colorado State University Emeritus Professor of Atmospheric Science at
, and head of the Tropical Meteorology Project at Colorado State Universities’ Department of Atmospheric Sciences. Colorado State University
- Dick Morgan. Researcher in Climatology,
and former Advisor to the World Meteorological Organization. University of Exeter, United Kingdom
There are many more on the full list. The debate is over only in the minds of the duped.
Rohrabacher had some good things to say to one of the local weeklies in his district as well:
"There's obvious evidence that we're going through a warming trend in the Earth's history, as we've gone through many cycles of warming and cooling throughout the hundreds of millions of years of global history," Rohrabacher said by phone last week while relaxing on the beach in Newport with his family.Maybe. More likely they're just suffering from incestuous amplification.
People only contribute about 5% of the total amount of greenhouse gases, he said, adding that more such emissions come from natural sources such as termites eating plants in rain forests.
"It's very questionable whether greenhouse gases are causing global warming, by the way," Rohrabacher said. "If you believe what the global warming people say about greenhouse gases causing this, what you really want to do is bulldoze all the rain forests and plant young trees because that's where most of the greenhouse gases come from."
Global warming alarmists simply want to control people's lifestyles and expand government powers, he said.
Related Tags: Global warming, Al Gore, Rohrabacher