Can America Still Fight Wars?
The true leaders of today's anti-war movement -- John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, Russ Feingold, Nancy Pelosi, Jack Murtha and their ilk -- are all of my era and not a one of them has the stomach, or brain, for a war. Look what they've put us through:
- The 9/11 Commission
- Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo grandstanding
- Hero-worship of Michael Moore, Richard Clark and Joseph Wilson
- Demands for WMD hearings
- Attacking rendering terrorists to foreign countries
- Death count hysterics
- Halliburton inquiries
- The pseudo-scandal of paid story placements
- A vote for an immediate withdrawal of troops
Led by a hard core of aging anti-war diehards, the Democrats really are trying to kill us, and snuff out the spread of democracy in the un-free world. As of the last election, nearly half of the nation was on board with them, and it's too early to tell whether that narrow balance will hold or shift in 2006.
The times we're in do not afford us the luxury of imbeciles. If America doesn't get tough about the Global War On Terror, starting with the realization that it's real, death, destruction and war will rid us of the imbeciles. America deserves a better alternatives.