Cheat-Seeking Missles

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

But I Ramble ...

The Token Dem stopped by to lobby for a post about Hillary's whining in last night's debate ...
SEN. CLINTON: Well, can I just point out that in the last several debates, I seem to get the first question all the time. And I don't mind. I -- you know, I'll be happy to field them [Any husband knows to duck and immediately start backpedaling upon hearing "I don't mind" or "I'd be happy to ...."], but I do find it curious, and if anybody saw "Saturday Night Live," you know, maybe we should ask Barack if he's comfortable and needs another pillow. (Laughter, boos.) I just find it kind of curious that I keep getting the first question on all of these issues. But I'm happy [ditto] to answer it. (RCP)
... and I could say that because this campaign is about words, she shouldn't be using the words of Lorne Michaels and his writers. But I won't, because I'm fanatically pro-Hillary, at least until after the GOP and independent voters finish voting for her in Texas and Ohio,hopefully prolonging the Dem's excruciating pain and anguish.

I was more inclined to write about how Obamarama wiggled out of hard questions on what he'd do if we have to stay in Iraq should a deteriorating situation following the start of withdrawal demand it, but the guy is so polished that his wife probably doesn't even know when he's withdrawing and when he's not.

Which brings up Steven Colbert's limerick. After a lengthy pseudo-rant against the NYT for practicing "bad, bad journalism" as opposed to "good bad journalism" in its smear of McCain, he said the entire nine-page article could have been summed up "in a sonnet ... or better yet a limerick."
There once was a man named McCain
Who had the whole White House to gain
But he was quite a hobbyist
Of boning his lobbyist
So much for his oh-eight campaign
I believe the Senator issued a pretty darn firm denial regarding boning ... and for that matter, poking, plowing, porking, riding, jazzing, rocking, rolling, zig-zagging, nugging, rogering, balling, banging, humping, pillowing or scoring his lobbyist acquaintance.

And people wonder why conservatives are mad at Mike Huckabee for offering Colbert a podium for GOP-bashing.

Labels: , ,