Cheat-Seeking Missles

Friday, July 20, 2007

Watcher's Winners

Bookworm topped the Watcher's Council charts this week with her delightful Harry Potter and Ostrich Syndrome, about themes of honor, manhood and fighting evil in popular children's literature. It was a very hopeful post and it resonated well with the Council.

Second place was a three-way tie: Are Conservatives Really Hoping for Another 9/11?, from Right Wing Nuthouse was a long and thoughtful piece and the answer, in short, is we're not. Soccer Dad's A President's Legacy Quick Fix Playground -- The Middle East, got one of my votes. It ponders why presidents keep thinking they'll establish their legacy with a Middle East solution. Also there was Done with Mirrors' Pangloss, which I also voted for, a hard body slam to libs who minimize the risks terror poses.

I was a bit of a bottom dweller this week, as I thought I would be.

Over on the Non-Council side, my two favorites came in first and second, TCS Daily's Myths and Realities of the George Bush Presidency, and Politics of Terror Reign Supreme from All Things Beautiful. I just love this blog – the stunning art combines with Alexandra von Maltzan’s spot-on nailing of the issues to make each visit a delight.

See how all the entries fared here. As always, thanks to Watcher for putting on this little fest each week.

Labels: