While Congress Fiddled, Iraqi Army Kicked Butt
- Control of the Iraqi Army's First Division was transferred from Coalition Forces to the Iraqi government
- Iraqi trooops captured an al Qaeda in Iraq cell leader and his cell's munitions stash
- An IED bomb-making factory was captured and destroyed, including 1,000 pounds of explosives destined for roadside bombs
- Ten weapons caches, including IED caches, were captured along with two terrorists by Iraqi Army and Coalition troops in Muqdadiya
- U.S. Paratroopers seized two members of an extra-judicial execution squad when they stopped their car at a checkpoint, noted suspicious behavior, and found four bodies in the trunk. The troops were stationed in Sha'ab for several weeks as part of the Surge's new tactic of taking unstable areas and staying there.
Shame on the media, but more shame on Congress, for buying the lie.
If you wonder why things are so confused in DC, it's because no one can hear themselves think; the eardrum-shattering chorus of "We can't win! We can't win" is drowning out all reason.