Cheat-Seeking Missles

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Anti-Spanking Hyper-Lib Legislator Has No Kids

Dem (natch!) Assemblywoman Sally Lieber, who if nothing else made herself famous by proposing to ban spanking of children under four in CA, is an unmarried 45 year-old with no kids.

But don't expect the media to tell you that.

Nexis revealed that the LATimes let that fact out in paragraph 15 of its story. The SacBee didn't mention her utter and complete lack of experience raising children at all. NPR and NBC both interviewed her at length, but didn't ask her. ABC's Good Morning America did a big piece on it ... but again, Leiber as a kid-free zone was not mentioned.

The SFChron even editorialized against the bill without mentioning Lieber's empty bassinette.

I didn't read all 116 hits Nexis coughed up, but of the ones I read, LAT's buried reference was the only reference.

At this point in the story, let me just interject that when Babs Boxer brought up Condi Rice's lack of children in an absolutely noncontextual manner, the media fell all over the quote. Couldn't get enough of it. Rich stuff.

But when childbearing status actually has some context, MSM steers far, far clear since it might get them crosswise with the Children's Defense Fund (remember, that's Hillary's group) and other high priests of anti-parenthood and political correctness.

As for the legislation itself, I'll give my two minutes to a woman named Esther, who posted a letter on the MercNews Web site:
"The day that the [government] gives birth to my children, then they have a right to raise them. Till then they are mine to do with as I please. I will raise them the way I see fit. If I think that those little butts need a swat ... I will be the one to give it to them." (source)
I got spanked a few times when I was growing up, as did my girls. Not every spanking was perfectly carried out in either case, but neither was damage done. In fact, lessons were learned.

Even with youngsters under 4, spanking can be necessary. They learn about hot stoves, electric outlets and other very dangerous things much more quickly when you warn them on their first attempt to kill themselves, and spank them a bit on the second. Lesson learned. Kid saved.

But Leiber doesn't know that. All she knows, according to Incredible Daughter #1, who heard it on the radio, is that her vet told her not to spank her cat, therefore, no parent should ever spank a kid.

No wonder Dems are against the war ... they heard once that it's not nice to kill people.

Related Tags: , , ,