Cheat-Seeking Missles

Friday, October 27, 2006

So, Some Guy With The Name Hugh Hewitt Wants Me To Change My Name?


In between his Constitutional Law Class and an interview with three big-time evangelicals for his upcoming book,which will probe Mitt Romney and the electability of a Mormon president, Hugh Hewitt stopped by for a quick lunch with three friends, Sam, John and me.

Hugh said he is more excited about this book than any of his previous books, and immediately launched into some field research.

"As a Christian, would you vote for Mitt Romney?" he asked me.

"In a primary, assuming no one else running wasn't more aligned with me than Romney, sure. In a general election, I'd certainly vote for him over a Dem."

John answered the same, and Sam, who thinks Harry Truman was the last great president, said Romney's Mormon faith wouldn't keep him from voting for Mitt -- if he were ever to vote GOP.

"But 30 percent of Christians say they'd vote against him simply because he's Mormon," Hugh said.

"Will your evangelicals say they'd vote for him?" I asked.

"I have no idea."

Not surprisingly, that was the only thing Hugh had no idea about during the lunch, when the conversation seems stuck on fast-forward. At one point, the conversation turned to the subject before you now, Cheat-Seeking Missiles.

"How's your traffic?"

"Well," I spun ... er, answered, "I'm always heartened by something you wrote in Blog, that if I have even 50 readers a day, I'm reaching more people than most pastors."

He wasn't buying. "I think it's the name. Too hard to remember, too long a URL. It's all about branding."

Easy for a guy named Hugh Hewitt. Maybe if I were Vince Vincent it would be easy to consider changing the name.

But I have to say c h e a t s e e k i n g m i s s i l e s dot b l o g s p o t dot com is one heck of a nasty URL ... especially since about the same amount of people know how to spell "missiles" as know how to spell "Ahmadinejad."


What do you think? Let me know: Should I rename the blog?

Hugh/Indians art: Sharon Burns via Radio Blogger