Cheat-Seeking Missles

Friday, July 14, 2006

Update From Haifa (Via New York)

My good friend Peter has an update on conditions in his hometown of Haifa:
Hi Laer,

Greetings from New York. I am already "on the road" with my son and two of his friends for a family visit this month. Rita is still in Haifa and tells me the missiles did little damage to the north side of Carmel. Israeli military units are hitting back against the Iranian-backed Hezbollah in S. Lebanon. I don't think this will escalate into full scale war but rather it is our enemies "testing" Israel's new leadership under Prime Minister Olmert.

Thank you for your thoughts for us and your prayers.

Many blessings,
Peter
Rita, a lovely gal raised on Long Island, and their daughter remain in Israel. Please keep them, and Israel, in your prayers.

Peter's analysis is a good one, and I certainly hope it turns out to be true -- and that Mah- I'm- in- the- mood- for- carnage Ahmadinijad (rhymes with "My bunker's concrete-clad") keeps his anti-Semitic, anti-West, scheming evilness out of the picture.

Still no word on Incredible Daughter #3's friend in Lebanon. I told her yesterday not to worry, people are getting out to Damascus. Then I heard the Beirut-Damascus road was being bombed. I didn't tell her that ....