Who Let The Dog In?
Woolsey is the personification of why some perfectly good conservatives in Northern California become crypto-conservatives -- lips sealed, bumpers bare of stickers, pulling the curtains and turning down the volume before turning on Fox News.
Woolsey's latest claim to radical fame is slipping Cindy Sheehan a ticket to last night's SOTU speech. What sort of elected representative does stuff like that? Well ...
- She voted against the 2006 Defense Appropriations Act
- She voted against the Border Protection, Antiterrorism and Illegal Immigration Control Act
- She voted against the Patriot Act
- She voted for stem cell research
- She sponsored a bill to eliminate America's nuclear weapons. It got no co-sponsors.
No-Cal crypto-conservatives, you'd best stay under cover.