Kartoonistan Is A Strategic Effort
He is Imam Ahmad Abu Laban, head of the Islamic Society of Denmark, who toured the Middle East to create awareness -- and outrage -- about the Danish cartoons depicting Muhammed. It was he who added and circulated three particularly defiling images of Muhammed that were never run in Danish newspaper, Jyllands-Posten.
Who is this guy? Well, Gateway says Laban:
Got it? As I have been saying since Kartoonistan broke out, this is a deliberate campaign by radical Islam to whip up an anti-West frenzy throughout the Islamic world. It has little to do with the nature of the cartoons and everything to do with the nature of radical Islam.
- Entertained the "Blind Sheikh" behind the first World Trade Center attacks
- Praised Osama Bin Laden after 9-11 Attacks
- Preached he "Shed no tears" after 9-11 Attacks
- Accused of giving Political support to Osama bin Laden's network
- Accused of giving Financial support to Osama bin Laden's network
- Joined with 225 Islamic Radicals to form Global Jihadist Group in 2003
- Said that Theo van Gogh - "Had it coming!"
- Called on his flock to Give Their Lives to Global Jihad for Palestinians
- Met with Sheikh Qaradawi in Saudi Arabia who has legalized the murder of American soldiers in Iraq
Do we owe a measured, courteous response in a case like this? Debate as you will, but know that for Laban, it doesn't matter. His deed is done, and if we're courteous, he'll call us wimps; if we're angry, he'll call us intolerant.
hat-tip: Big News