Cheat-Seeking Missles

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Gore's TV Network Flailing

Since the Gore team spent $70 million to acquire an obscure cable network and relaunch it as the hip and gotta-see Current network, they have yet to expand their meager cable footprint. They're left with a market about half the size industry experts say is needed to survive.

And the situation has become a theme in Gore's now regular public rants. In recent barn-burners, Gore has lambasted cable execs for not putting on programs "that are in the best interest of the American people."

If I could view the station, I'd have an opinion about whether it's in the best interest of the American people. But since my carrier (wisely?) doesn't make it readily avialable, I feel pretty safe saying it's not in the interest of my kind of American people.

Read more about it in San Francisco Weekly.

hat-tip: Media Bistro, photo Lara Bueso