Cheat-Seeking Missles

Monday, May 16, 2005

Democrats Against Poor People

I notice the rising cost of gas when I fill my car, but it doesn't really knock me out. But for the hardworking poor, the high cost of gas hits home budgets very, very hard.

So you'd think the Dems would be for lower gas prices, right? Wrong. Just look at their positions on drilling in the former strategic oil reserve, now known as Any Nitwit Will Rant (ANWR):

Barbara Boxer:

To me, this is a God-given environment. And with all the talk about faith-based politics, I think if you do believe, as I do, that these are gifts, then I think we have to be careful of what we're doing here today. ...

Now, we know that the economic activity that comes from oil drilling is going to have an impact. So, anyone who tells you anything else simply is just thinking in a wishful fashion. We're alive today. We see what happens with these spills. Let's be careful what we're doing. If this is something that is going to make us energy independent, that's one thing. But the fact of the matter is, it won't.
Joe Biden:
I hope other members of Congress understand the consequences of permanently altering the pristine landscape of Alaska's coastal plain. Let's work for a long-term solution to our energy needs and not get distracted by this short-sighted idea.
Harry Ried:
It has always been a bad idea to destroy the last pristine arctic wilderness in America in order to extract a few months worth of oil.
John Kerry: (From Frontrunner, subscription only)
We have 24 to 48 hours to save the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge ... Please make an emergency donation [to my presidential campaign] right now.
See also:
Why We Need To Drill In ANWR
What If Oil Reserves Were Unlimited?
Refined Refinery Thinking
ANWR: Any Nitwit Will Rant
Greenthink Gone Wild