Cheat-Seeking Missles

Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Least Of These My Sisters

CSM reader David Bixby attached a comment to one of my earlier Terri Schiavo posts that has particular poignancy now that Terri has slipped away:
Here is something else Jesus said that I believe speaks to the Terri Schiavo situation:

"For I was hungry and you didn't feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn't give me anything to drink. I was a stranger, and you didn't invite me into your home. I was naked and you gave me no clothing. I was sick and in prison and you didn't visit me."

Then they will reply, "Lord when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?" And he will answer, "I assure you, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me." And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life.

Matthew 25: 41-46