Not much time for politics and outrage on this vacation, it seems. But there is this, from a playbook
my 11-year-old bought yesterday:
8 ways to tell if your parents are extraterrestrials:
- Your parents often ask you to turn down your music.
- Their clothes are weirdly out of style.
- Sometimes you'll come into a room and catch them just sitting there, quietly, perhaps holding a book.
- They enjoy eating at least one of the following "foods": egglplant, anchovies, oysters, orange marmalade.
- During the winter, they keep the house uncomfortably cool. (Bonus point: When you complain, do they tell you to put on a sweater.)
- They completely over-react when your room is the tiniest bit messy.
- On more than one occasion, you have been embarrassed to be seen in public with them.
- They tell jokes that regular humans do not find funny.
Here's how Incredible Daughter #3 scored us:
- False (Yay!!)
- False (Wrong -- I like three out of four of them)
- True (If it were ever "the tiniest bit messy," I'd know if this answer is right.
- True (Sniff!)
Since she answered True to more than three, Incredible Wife and I aren't from around here. But we come in peace.