Day 366 Of Cheat-Seeking Missiles
Thanks are in order. First to Hugh for getting me started, first with In But Not Of, then with his "Why Not Kerry?" vox blogoli, and finally for supporting me with links and endorsements, like "Recommended weekend reading."
And to those who have linked to me, thanks so much. Yes, there have been - some - biggies, but my real thanks are to the steady linkers like Bookworm, Okieboy, Blogotional, Hedgehog, Holy Coast, Whatsakyer, Mrs. Palm and Double Toothpicks. And anyone else I might have missed.
Looking back, there were a few key stories that I really enjoyed covering:
- Scoundrel's Chronicles, in which many readers helped me build to well over 100 examples of media bias in MSM coverage of election 2004.
- That Confusing Morality Thing, a series charting the Dem's halting efforts to come to grips with the morality vote.
- Pushing hard as one of the first bloggers covering the UN sex scandal in Congo.
- Boosting democratization as the only real winning strategy for the Global War On Terror.
- Putting the [Blank] Back In [Blank]mas, a series tracking anti-Christianic hysteria over the holidays.
- Get a Brazilian bikini wax
- Change someone's life
And my biggest disappointment? That no big blogs picked up the amazingly powerful and heart-wrenching email Vanguard University senior Scott McCavaney sent from the hospital at Bande Aceh. Scotty was among the first foreigners in the tsunami-ravaged Indonesian city, where he was instantly transformed from aspiring missionary to chief surgeon in the emergency room from Hell.
Thanks, everyone, for making it a great year!