Cheat-Seeking Missles

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Day 366 Of Cheat-Seeking Missiles

It's hard to believe Cheat-Seeking Missiles is turning one year old today. Not because time flew by, but because I feel like I've been blogging here for years. That's a sign of being in a natural place where it all just feels good.

Thanks are in order. First to Hugh for getting me started, first with In But Not Of, then with his "Why Not Kerry?" vox blogoli, and finally for supporting me with links and endorsements, like "Recommended weekend reading."

And to those who have linked to me, thanks so much. Yes, there have been - some - biggies, but my real thanks are to the steady linkers like Bookworm, Okieboy, Blogotional, Hedgehog, Holy Coast, Whatsakyer, Mrs. Palm and Double Toothpicks. And anyone else I might have missed.

Looking back, there were a few key stories that I really enjoyed covering:
  • Scoundrel's Chronicles, in which many readers helped me build to well over 100 examples of media bias in MSM coverage of election 2004.
  • That Confusing Morality Thing, a series charting the Dem's halting efforts to come to grips with the morality vote.
  • Pushing hard as one of the first bloggers covering the UN sex scandal in Congo.
  • Boosting democratization as the only real winning strategy for the Global War On Terror.
  • Putting the [Blank] Back In [Blank]mas, a series tracking anti-Christianic hysteria over the holidays.
One of the most fun things I posted was the list of 61 things Incredible Daughter #2 wants to do in her life. Here's #46 and #47 in a gloriously bizarre juxtaposition:
  • Get a Brazilian bikini wax
  • Change someone's life
Missing from recent posts are the near-daily blasts at the LATimes for its lack of objectivity. The paper hasn't gotten better; I've just stopped reading it.

And my biggest disappointment? That no big blogs picked up the amazingly powerful and heart-wrenching email Vanguard University senior Scott McCavaney sent from the hospital at Bande Aceh. Scotty was among the first foreigners in the tsunami-ravaged Indonesian city, where he was instantly transformed from aspiring missionary to chief surgeon in the emergency room from Hell.

Thanks, everyone, for making it a great year!