Cheat-Seeking Missles

Monday, June 06, 2005

Man Dates

No, not "mandates," but "man dates." I heard about them this morning, and I'm steaming.

A man date supposedly is when two heterosexual men get together to spend time, and it's not related to business or sports. Go to a ball game with a buddy, and it's going to a ball game. Go to a movie, and it's a man date.

No it's not; it's just the latest ploy by the homosexual activists to sexualize the normal in order to deny that they are sexual perverse. I resent having sexuality imposed on me against my will, and putting the word "date," which for better or worse means some sort of precursor to sexuality, is such an imposition.

It's been a long time since I've spent time alone with a man for a purpose other than business, sports or church (which isn't included in the "man date" definition, probably because its authors don't think much about church), since the only dates I go on are man/woman dates with my wife (and not enough of those!).

The last ones I can recall was in the early 1980s; one with a friend bicycling through wine country and one with another friend going on a whale watching tour. We were just friends spending time together doing something enjoyable. There was no discomfort, no notion that someone would think we might be gay. Now such experiences are being taken away by the gay lobby, and it's just as sad as the way they took the word gay away from us.

Lest my homosexual friends think I've suddenly become homophobic by calling homosexual behavior perverse, I appeal to the dictionary, which defines perverse as, "directed away from what is right or good." Men and women marrying and raising children together is right and good; homosexuality is neither. The defense of the "non-perverse" position regarding homosexuality results in sad situation like this, where heterosexual men are suddenly afraid to spend time together.