Cheat-Seeking Missles

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

In Case You Missed It, Prayers Needed

Laura Ingraham has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Here's the statement from her Web site:
PRAYER REQUEST FOR LAURA: You know I hate Drama Kings or Queens, but I am asking for your prayers today and for the foreseeable future. On Friday afternoon, I learned that I have joined the ever-growing group of American women who have been diagnosed with breast cancer. As so many breast cancer patients will tell you, it all came as a total shock.

I am blessed to be surrounded by people who love me – my family, a wonderful fiancé (if he thinks he's going to get out of marrying me because of this little blip, he's sadly mistaken!), my friends and my church.

I am absolutely blown away by how helpful and kind everyone has been – including total strangers who have experienced the same roller coaster of emotions. The sisterhood of breast cancer survivors is inspiring. I am truly blessed. On Tuesday, I will have an operation and within a few days will know more about the future. I am hopeful for a bright future and a "normal" life (well, scratch the "normal" part). Anyway, people have gone through much worse, and I know I'll obliterate this. I am thanking you in advance for your prayers. You are my family. And remember, I'll be back sooner than you think.

All the wonderful heroines who beat this disease will soon be joined by another; that's my prayer.

h/t: WND