Cheat-Seeking Missles

Friday, May 30, 2008

In Which I Finally Understand Why Some People Hate Christians

We're such a fine bunch of people. Forgiving. Compassionate. Nice looking. So how is it that some many people don't like us Christians? Could it be because of this guy?
[Rev. Michael] Pfleger, too, issued an apology, saying he was sorry if his comments offended Clinton or anyone else.
Let's play back the tape:
I said before I don’t want this to be politica because, you know, I’m very unpolitical (mocking tone, huge laughter).

…When Hillary was crying (gesturing tears, uproarious laughter from audience)–and people said that was put on–I really don’t believe it was put on.

I really believe that she just always thought ‘This is mine’ (laughter, hoots). ‘I’m Bill’s wife. I’m WHITE. And this is mine. And I jus’ gotta get up. And step into the plate. And then out of nowhere came, ‘Hey, I’m Barack Obama.’ And she said: ‘Oh, damn!’ WHERE DID YOU COME FROM!?!?! (Crowd going nuts, Pfleger screaming). I’M WHITE! I’M ENTITLED! THERE’S A BLACK MAN STEALING MY SHOW. (SOBS!) SHE WASN’T THE ONLY ONE CRYING! THERE WAS A WHOLE LOTTA WHITE PEOPLE CRYING!
He's sorry if his comments offended Clinton?

So Christian teachers aren't just self-loathers who hate and sell out their own people, they're also those disgusting "if my comments offended" kind of butt-sniffers?

Now I understand. I just never run into any Christians like him.

But then I don't run in Barack's circles.

Labels: , , ,