Cheat-Seeking Missles

Friday, February 22, 2008

Watcher's Winners

I almost nailed it this week, with three of my four picks in the Watcher's Council blog-fest winning just as I picked 'em. I'd have been more elated if my entry had won (I had high hopes!), but this is some good stuff:

Coming in first was Right Wing Nuthouse's Make Washington's Birthday a National Holiday Again. This was wonderful tale of history, with a point made evident by the title.

In second was my third-place pick, Wolf Howling's Iraqi Political Progress Leaves Few Places For The Left To Move The Target, which I blogged about earlier. I had picked Rhymes with Right's WWRD? , which was as good a succinct and convicting argument for all Republicans to support McCain as I’ve heard.

Over on the non-Council side, the winners were as I picked 'em, leading off with Michael Totten's The Dungeon of Fallujah, in which Totten paints word pictures of an Iraqi jail that make your head spin, then flips your perceptions by showing that the jail, bad as it is, is paradise compared to jail conditions and practices in Saddam Hussein's era.

Coming in second was my submittal, Israel Matzov's How Rachel Corrie Really Died (Hint: Not Protecting a House), which you may think is an old story, but his post is based on newly released film evidence.

I also highly, highly recommend Paperlicious' post, Dear Paperlicious -- Stamping and Politics, which is one of the funniest political satires I've read this entire campaign season.

See all the deserving winners here.

Thanks, as always, Watcher, for assembling this great ballot for our votes!

Labels: