Cheat-Seeking Missles

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Would Jesus love Bin Laden?

My friend Jim forwarded this from Tim Blair:

NineMSM reports:

It’s the biblical interpretation that has rocked the world — and drawn one of the biggest responses to a ninemsn vote ever.

Over a quarter of a million of you responded to our poll ‘Are churches right to say Jesus loves Osama?’ with the final result running more than four-to-one against affection for the terror mastermind.

In fact, 210,811 readers or 81 per cent of respondents said that various Sydney churches were wrong to declare Christ’s love for bin Laden.

Who would Jesus love? Osama ... Kim Jong Il ... Saddam ... Ahmadinejad ... it's a real test of "hate the sin, love the sinner," isn't it?

Australia is barely a Christian nation with a scant 68% in the most recent census claiming their faith (vs. 79.8% in the U.S.), so we can't trust the 32% non-Christians to be anywhere close to right on this one.

How about you? Can you get it right? Me, I'm not a big one for trying to guess what's on the mind of someone who's mind is incomprehensible, so instead I'll tell a story.

When I am drawn to something on the sinful side ... somewhere I don't want to go but the spirit is weak ... I visualize Christ standing between me and my desire. Not that children and lambs Christ, but the Christ of Revelation:
His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
That Jesus has commanding power over me. And the kind of love that Jesus would show to bin Laden isn't the kind of love I would like to have directed toward me.

Related Tags: , , , , ,