Cheat-Seeking Missles

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Quote Of The Day: Saddam Edition

"May God blind them all."
-- Adiba Oula Bayez

Bayez was testifying about what happened to her and her children when Saddam Hussein's forces used chemical weapons against her Kurd village. Her testimony, via BBC:

"Then my daughter Narjis came to me, complaining about pain in her eyes, chest and stomach. When I got close to see what was wrong with her, she threw up all over me," she said.

"When I took her in to wash her face... all my other children were throwing up.

"Then my condition got bad, too. And that's when we realised that the weapon was poisonous and chemical."

"I went for four days without eyesight. My children could not see. I was just screaming. On the fifth day slightly opened my eyes. And it was a terrible scene. My children and my skin had turned black," she said.

Mrs Bayez told the court one of her children had died after the chemical attack, and she had subsequently had two miscarriages.

"May God blind them all," she said, pointing at Saddam Hussein and his co-defendants.

Related Tags: , , , ,