May Day! May Day!
The A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition (Act Now to Stop War & End Racism) fully supports the struggle of the immigrant community to win the rights that all people should enjoy, and we denounce the racist attempts to criminalize undocumented and all immigrant people.And why are they involved?
[The U.S. government wants] to repress immigrants so their corporate allies get more profits. Repressive laws and terror campaigns allow them to exploit immigrants even more, driving down wages and working conditions for all workers. That's why racist politicians and media hacks are scapegoating immigrants for everything wrong in society. But immigrants aren't the real cause of unemployment or crime - it's the rotten system that puts profit over people.Besides immediate amnesty for all illegals, including, presumably the Moussaouis of the illegal community, the A.N.S.W.E.R. platform is:
How to fight back: Build a united people's movement. A.N.S.W.E.R. says to Congress and all the anti-immigrant racists that "No Human Being is Illegal!"
- Stop the War in Iraq
- End Colonial Occupation from Iraq to Palestine to Haiti
- Support the Palestinian People’s Right of Return
- Stop the Threats Against Venezuela, Cuba, Iran & North Korea
- U.S. Out of the Philippines
- U.S. Out of Puerto Rico
- Bring all the troops home now
- Stop the Racist, anti-Immigrant and anti-Labor Offensive at Home, Defend Civil Rights
- Military Recruiters Out of Our Schools and Communities
So in the media reports of May 1 and May 2, be an eagle-eye and look for references to A.N.S.W.E.R. They'll be rarer than dodos.
Tags: Immigration, Reform, Illegals, A.N.S.W.E.R.