Cheat-Seeking Missles

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Loyalty

My friend Jim sent me this email from Nigeria yesterday:

Dear friend

I am Mrs. Larisa Sosnitskaya a personal treasurer to Mikhail Khodorkovsky the Richest man in Russia and owner of the following companies, Chairman CEO: YUKOS OIL (Russian Largest Oil Company) Chairman CEO: Menatep SBP Bank (A well reputable financial institution with it’s Branches all over the world).

SOURCE OF FUNDS:

I have a profiling amount in an excess of US$46.M, which I seek your Partnership in accommodating for me. You will be rewarded with 20% of The total sum for your partnership. Can you be my partner on this???

It ended with the typical Nigerian email scheme stuff -- Ms. Sosnitskaya just a US bank to temporarily deposit the money in, and just needed Jim's account information.

He commented, "Glad to see that Russia is doing its part to absorb Nigerian immigrants and help them find work!"

Today, Jim forwarded this one:
DEAR FRIEND,

MY NAME IS MRS. LARISA SOSNITSKAYA,PERSONAL SECRETARY TO MR.BORIS MIKHAIL KHODORKOVSKY,THE ARRESTED CHAIRMAN/CEO OF YUKOS OIL AND BANK MENATEP SPB IN RUSSIA WHO IS PRESENTLY IN JAIL . I HAVE THE DOCUMENTS OF ALARGE AMOUNT OF FUNDS WHICH HE HANDED OVER TO ME BEFORE HE WAS DETAINED AND TRIED IN RUSSIA FOR FINANCING POLITICAL PARTIES ... blah, blah and on to the same scam.
"Nigerian immigrands are certainly not very loyal to their former bosses, eh?" he asked.