Cheat-Seeking Missles

Friday, July 22, 2005

Fifty (Thank You!) Thousand!!

Last October 18, I typed these words ...
A life purpose isn't built overnight. It is formed early and grows slowly, nurtured by feedback and strengthened by milestones in passion, pain, achievement and failure.
... and started blogging. Looking back, I couldn't be happier that those were the first words to be posted on Cheat-Seeking Missiles.

Back then, it was Cheat Seeking Missiles; no hyphen. I knew it was wrong, but it took my inside-the-beltway-liberal and fierce grammarian mom (now outside-the-beltway in Chevy Chase) to make me feel bad enough to change it. This is not a blog about crooked people looking for rocket-powered firearms; it is about firing word weapons that target cheaters.

Sometime today, one of you will make the counter roll over from 49,999 to 50,000. I am humbled and honored that you like what happens here enough that you visit and come back. Cheat-Seeking Missiles wasn't built overnight, and it continues to form itelf, growing stronger by your feedback.

I look forward to your comments, links and trackbacks as this blogospheric missile tracks towards 100,000. Thank you! Any glory thatis caught hanging around here goes to God.