Cheat-Seeking Missles

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Pro Iraq Statements On MTV?

I just turned on the TV, which was on MTV from my teenage daughter's earlier viewing (don't ask; I've tried), and was pleasantly surprised by a brief Real World segment.

A young man was bad-mouthing the war and was confronted by two others his age, a man and a woman, who really slammed him as a know-nothing.

The woman had served in the Armed Forces as a nurse and told him not to say she was not a real soldier. "I was taking care of injured soldiers, so don't say I wasn't a real soldier! You are the most ignorant person I've ever met!" she yelled and stormed off.

The anti-war bozo was left speechless, looking rather dumb and foolish, and the scene ended.

If that were how the network normally was, I'd want my MTV.