Cheat-Seeking Missles

Friday, August 18, 2006

Quote Of The Day: Lebanon War Edition

"I have to admit, I am having a hard time seeing how Israel lost here -- as if anyone can actually win a war in 4 weeks. The tortured calculus of the Hezbollah victory evades me. Everybody acknowledges that Israel defeated Egypt and Jordan in 1967 and again in 1973. Why? Well, all Israel really had to do was survive. That's what everybody has forgotten. That's all Israel needs to do to win. Survive. It's the other guys who are trying to destroy Israel, not the other way around."
Tigerhawk
Hearing Hugh Hewitt et. al, go on and on about Israel's loss to Hezbollah sometimes makes me question my instinctive response to this war, so it's good when someone as sharp as Tigerhawk says the same thing I've been saying ... even if he says it better.

hat-tip: Jim
Related Tags: , , , ,