Cheat-Seeking Missles

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Great Moments, Great Orators

Bookworm had a great post yesterday. Had to be great; after all, it was called "Great moments in Democratic rhetoric."

Could she have inspired James Taranto at Best of the Web? Here's one of his (very funny) posts from today:

Great Orators of the Democratic Party

  • "One man with courage makes a majority."--Andrew Jackson

  • "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."--Franklin D. Roosevelt

  • "The buck stops here."--Harry S. Truman

  • "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."--John F. Kennedy

  • "You just gotta make the judgment. You also have to make the judgment, which I'm pretty much feeling, I'm saying that I have something to say, I have some unfinished business from the last round, I don't like what they did, I don't like how they framed it, and I don't like what they're doing for the country today, and I think we can do better."--John Kerry

  • "This is a time when the Golden Rule really should be in affect [sic in written release]. Do not do unto others, what you would not have them do unto your troops, your CIA agents, your people in the field."--Nancy Pelosi
Wow. Book's in good company.