Cheat-Seeking Missles

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Quote Of The Day: Ooops Edition

"... assholes. Yeah, I'm very lucky in that regard with my husband. My husband is handsome and he is genuinely a loving, you know, no ego.[unintelligible] you know what I'm saying. Just a really passionate, compassionate great, great human being. And they exist. They do exist. They're hard to find. Yup. But they are out there."
CNN anchor [ooops! myself] Kyra Phillips

[I previously reported this as coming from Daryn Kagan's mike ... I've changed the name throughout. Thanks, Kyer.] What's interesting about Phillip's quote about her husband is that it was said in a CNN bathroom while she was still live-miked, and it played as a voice-over to President Bush's Katrina speech yesterday.

Imagine if it hadn't been Phillip's mike, but say Wolf Blitzer's, and he was heard saying, "... bitches. Yeah, my wife's really great, so I guess great women really do exist. They're hard to find. Yup. But they are out there."

NOW and every feminist down to Chelsea Clinton would be outraged and straining 24/7 to muffle their shrieks since CNN is there friend.

Yet another MSM embarrassment -- especially in this age, when the full clip instantaneously makes its way across the Internet. (RealPlayer) (Windows Media) (MP3)

hat-tip: NewsBusters via Memeorandum
Related Tags: , , , , ,