Cheat-Seeking Missles

Friday, June 17, 2005

Durbin Digs Deeper and Deeper

So here it is, the best Turban Durbin could do to apologize for calling US troops no better than Nazi, Gulag-operating, Cambodian-killing thugs:

“More than 1700 American soldiers have been killed in Iraq and our country’s standing in the world community has been badly damaged by the prison abuses at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. My statement in the Senate was critical of the policies of this Administration which add to the risk our soldiers face.”

“I will continue to speak out when I disagree with this Administration.”

“I have learned from my statement that historical parallels can be misused and misunderstood. I sincerely regret if what I said caused anyone to misunderstand my true feelings: our soldiers around the world and their families at home deserve our respect, admiration and total support.”

Powerline dissects this idiocy in excellent detail. I have trouble even reading the entire statement, especially choking at "My statement in the Senate was critical of the policies of this Administration which add to the risk our soldiers face."

These opportunistic, propagandistic, malevelant Dem electeds have more blood on their hands than the interrogators at Guantanamo, and the blood they have spilled is American, the blood of soldiers put at risk.

Some of the 1,700 dead soldiers Durbin tries to use to cloak himself in honor are in their graves because the Dems are inflaming the deadly passions of terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan.